Back to escapetrailer.com
Maxxfan Voltage Regulator
I have a Victron solar controller that puts out an equalization voltage that makes the Maxxfan control board very unhappy. After replacing a failed one and asking what the max voltage the control board could handle, I found that I needed a voltage regulator installed to protect the circuitry.
So here we go...
LTC3780 12A DC Converter Automatic Step UP/Down Power Supply Module
VELCRO 2-Pack 3-in White Fastener
1. Turn off battery disconnect switch.
2. Rotate Maxxfan screen tabs 180 deg and remove screen.
3. Remove screws as marked and lower bottom housing.
4. Disconnect trailer wires from Maxxfan power wires, connect trailer wires to LTC3780 as shown, turn on battery disconnect switch, and adjust the potentiometer for an output voltage of 12.0 volts
NOTE: do not attach wiring to Maxxfan until voltage has been adjusted - the LTC3780 can output up to 24VDC which will make the Maxxfan control board very unhappy.
5. After verifying that the LTC3780 is set for 12.0 volts, turn off battery disconnect switch and connect Maxxfan power wires to output of LTC3780.
6. Attach velcro to back of LTC3780. It will need to be trimmed a little to make it flush with the edges.
7. Attach LTC3780 in the corner of the upper housing as shown.
8. Put everything back together the reverse of how you took it apart.
9. Turn battery disconnect switch on and test fan.
Congratulations, your Maxxfan can now operate with supply voltages from 5-32v.